May 17 2017
- 110 g butter, melted and cooled at room t°C
- 350 g fresh cherries, pitted
- 130 g flour
- 130 g sugar
- 55 g ground almonds or almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 80 ml milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electrical mixer, beat together eggs and sugar until combined (for about 2 minutes), then add vanilla and almond extracts followed by butter and milk.
- Incorporate the flour mixture into the egg mixture using a spatula.
- Cut 3/4 of cherries in halves, then add them to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a 23 cm round baking tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Quickly arrange the remaining cherries on the top of the cake.
- Bake for extra 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let it cool, then dust with powdered sugar.
Share this post