July 30 2017
Peach, Orange & Berry Tart.
My dear friends and followers, please welcome my new creation! It came spontaneously, from nowhere. I was just stiring and mixing things round and round hoping that it'd work out. And it did!! Low in sugar, refreshing and very summery, this tart is extremey easy to put together. Enjoy!
Crust: 1) Rub flour, salt, ginger and butter until well combined and resembles breadcrumbs. 2) Add water, a spoonful to start with, adding more if needed, and bring your dough into a lump. The dough should be soft but not stick to your hands. 3) Cover with clingfilm and pop in the fridge for an hour.
Filling (10 min before the crust is ready): 1) Slice peaches, place them in a bowl together with berries. 2) Poor over rhum, add vanilla sugar, gently stir and set aside. 3) In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, powdered sugar, salt, orange juice and zest. Set aside. 4) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Putting it all together: 1) Spread the dough over the bottom of a round 23 cm baking dish. Use your fingers to create the base and the edges. There's no need to create a perfect crust, it should look "rustique" (see the photo).
2) Pre-bake the crust for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) When the crust is ready, drain the fruit and arrange it over the bottom of the crust.
4) Poor over the yogurt cream filling.
5) Bake for further 30 to 35 minutes.
6) Let it cool completely before decorating with fruit slices and dusting with powdered sugar.
7) Store in the fridge after serving.
jonas kita 10/03/2017 22:04