Orange & Chocolate Glazed Bundt Cake
- 3 oranges
- 175 g soft room t°C butter
- 120 g + 80 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 1 full tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped in small chunks
Glaze: 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 2 to 3 tbsp orange juice
- Using an electrical mixer, beat butter and 120 g sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 by 1, followed by zest and juice from 1 orange, flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chunks. Gently mix to combine.
- Grease a 20 cm bundt mold, then dust it with sugar.
- Transfer the dough into the mold and bake at 150°/160°C for 30-35 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining oranges, combine it with 80 g sugar and bring it to boil over low heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens, then remove from the heat.
- Once the cake is ready, pour the juice over it (leave 3 tbsp for the glaze) and let it completely cool down before removing it from the mold.
- To make the glaze, whisk confectioners' sugar with the remaining orange juice. If you find it too thick, just add more juice.
- Glaze the cake before serving.